Want to make a difference in the lives of others?
Lookout Housing and Health Society is always seeking skilled and caring individuals who are committed to assisting and supporting people to improve their health and well-being. Whether we’re working on the streets bringing in the absolute homeless, providing shelter and services, case planning or supporting residents, we work together to meet the needs of those coping with homelessness.
Since we provide service 24/7, we need dedicated people with flexible schedules. Most of our employees start on a casual basis, gaining skills and experience while working towards regular full-time and part-time positions. Starting wage varies depending on the position, as per BCGEU Collective Agreement, plus 9.6% in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays for casuals.
Lookout serves a diverse community, so we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and cultures to apply. Successful applicants will be required to complete a vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check prior to commencement of employment.
We believe in:
- Professionalism – Taking a client-centred and non-judgemental approach
- Respect – Ensuring all persons are treated with dignity, honesty and integrity
- Teamwork – Practising strong communication and teamwork skills
- You’ll be making a difference!
- We promote from within
- You’ll have opportunities for professional development and advancement
- You can have work/life balance with a variety of schedules
Submit Your Application
Interested in applying? Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to the email listed in the posting.
Thank you to all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.